Process of receiving your transcript:
- ISA students study at accredited host universities and receive an official transcript upon completion of the program.
- The transcripts are sent to ISA from the host university.
- It may take as long as 2-3 months for ISA to receive official transcripts from the host university after the completion of an ISA program. Most North American universities are accustomed to this delay; however, you should speak with your home university about potential delays before you go abroad.
- Once the transcripts arrive at ISA, the Academic Records department will automatically forward one official transcript to your home university via UPS, and one photocopy to your permanent address via USPS, unless there is an outstanding balance on your account.
- Your official transcript will be accompanied by an ISA Cover Letter. The Cover Letter contains important academic information specific to your ISA program, including: translated course titles, credits/contact hours for each course, language level (if applicable), language of instruction, recommended U.S. letter grade equivalencies, and a recommended semester credit/quarter unit conversion formula.
- The photocopy of your transcript will be accompanied by a ‘Welcome Back’ letter containing the UPS tracking number so that you may track your transcript on the UPS website.
Requesting Additional Transcripts
Should you need additional transcripts sent in the future (for jobs, graduate school, etc.) you must complete an Additional Transcript Request Form (ATRF).
Students should also include any additional required forms with the ATRF: i.e. AADSAS. If you are requesting a transcript to be sent to a university that is part of the University of California (UC) system or to WES (World Education Services), an original transcript will be required. In this case, please contact ISA to review your options.
Upon receiving the ATRF and payment, ISA will send an official copy of the foreign transcript to the location designated on the student's ATRF. All transcripts are stored at the ISA Austin office indefinitely. If you have any questions about requesting additional transcripts, please contact Academic Records (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Academic Records & Transcripts FAQ
Please follow this link to view the Academic Records & Transcripts FAQ.
Remember that your home university will ultimately make the decision about how classes taken abroad will apply to your degree program. If you have any questions regarding transcripts, please contact the Academic Records Department in the ISA Austin office:
- Email: email@example.com
- Additional Transcript Requests (firstname.lastname@example.org).