Introduction to Moroccan Arabic (Darija) II
ISA Meknes Study Center
Area of Study
Arabic, Indigenous Languages, Linguistics, Modern Languages, Moroccan Culture
Placement exam and/or completion of Beginning Darija I
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits1
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units1
Hours & Credits
This course is a continuation from Introduction to Moroccan Arabic (Darija) I
This course is meant for students:
- To teach them practical Moroccan Arabic (Darija)
- To provide them with the necessary skills to communicate
- To familiarize them with Moroccan culture
- To open for them other new horizons in life: business perspectives.
This course is basically prepared:
- To provide students with necessary technique to master the intonation according to the "standard" pronunciation of Moroccan Arabic
- To help them enrich their vocabulary
- To encourage them to develop their interest in learning this living language
- To enable them to acquire the basic syntactic structures used in Moroccan Arabic (Darija) so as to engage without difficulties in dialogues.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.