University of the Western Cape
Cape Town, South Africa
Area of Study
Taught In English
CHE114, 124 or CHE116, CHM126
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units20
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits4 - 5
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units6 - 7.5
Hours & Credits
· Gravimetry, titrimetric methods for acids/baseis, redox titrations, complexometric
titrations, precipitation, pH measurements, kinetic molecular theory, van der waals
equation for real gases, laws of thermodynamics, chemical kinetics, theory of elementary
At the end of this module the student must be able to achieve the
· Interpret and illustrate the practice of wet analytical techniques.
· Mathematically translate and explain the principle, theories and laws governing simple
chemical systems.the descriptive chemistry of selected groups of elements.
· An ability to predict the general trends in atomic properties of elements in the periodic
· An understanding of the basic principles of solid state chemistry.
For more information, please contact the South Africa Site Specialist.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.