University of the Western Cape
Cape Town, South Africa
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units15
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits4
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units6
Hours & Credits
· Reaction Kinetics, Equilibrium,
· Acids and Bases, Acid Ionisation Equilibria,
· Solubility and Solutions,
· Alcohols, Phenols, Ethers, Thiols, Sulphides, Aldehydes and Ketones,
· Carboxylic Acids and Derivatives, Carbohydrates, Amines, Amino Acids and Proteins, Lipids and
Main Outcomes: Understanding and practice fundamental concepts in:
· general and organic chemistry as applied in the life sciences.
For more information, please contact the South Africa Site Specialist.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.