Business Studies I
Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units12
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits0
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units1
Hours & Credits
This module prepares students to acquire study and writing skills essential for successful completion of the academic tasks for their courses at NMMU and in the workplace.
The student should be able to:
- understand the communication model and barriers;
- use active listening skills;
- take adequate notes during lectures / summarise notes;
- conduct research for academic essays making use of references;
- focus, plan, draft, organise and revise writing;
- practise business correspondence: basic writing principles / audience / purpose and register / formats and plans;
- write an investigative report;
- present orals / role play.
- Communication theory, barriers.
- Non-verbal communication.
- Business correspondence.
- Academic writing skills.
- Presentation skills.