Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units19
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits1
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units1
Hours & Credits
This module aims to introduce and familiarize students with the ideological theories of political studies. The objective is to inform students the centrality that theory in their daily socio-political environment.
- Critical and coherent understanding and application of the overarching theoretical ideologies.
- Comprehend that the social environment develops and morphs the ideological to suit utopian ideals.
- To examine some of the principle developments in world politics from the 19th -21st centuries that has resulted in a cyclical rotation of ideologies.
- Explain and describe the dominance of, and conflict between, various ideological approaches.
- Discuss how these approaches of ideologies and theories influence our present socio-political scenarios.
- Theoretical, philosophical and ideological approaches within political studies.
- Contextualizing political debates within the spectrum of various ?isms? such as liberalism, socialism, communism, conservatism, feminism and nationalism.