Public Policy Process, Procedures and Methods
Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Area of Study
Public Policy Studies
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units10
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits0
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units1
Hours & Credits
- To prepare students to understand the nature and role of Public Policy at solving social problems.
- To show why it is important to study public policy.
- To give insight on the theories and models used for Public Policy-making.
- Understanding of procedures, methods and techniques in Public Policy-making.
- Advanced knowledge and insight as to why some policy programmes and projects fail or achieve success.
- Arrangements for determining, implementing, analysing and evaluating policy.
- Creation of efficient and effective work procedures.
- Methods and time studies.
- Work programming.
- Other technological aids (tools) and processes for the improvement of work methods and procedures.