Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Area of Study
Architecture, Civil Engineering
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units10
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits0
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units1
Hours & Credits
This module prepares students to apply their knowledge of communication skills in their practice as engineering technologists.
The student should be able to:
- analyse communication situations by identifying elements in the model of communication and commenting on their contribution to the process;
- recognise barriers to communication and suggest ways to overcome these;
- use different listening techniques in appropriate settings;
- use appropriate written language in correspondence of various types;
- use appropriate format in business correspondence;
- analyse and recognise elements of small-group communication;
- write notices and agendas for meetings;
- adapt communication to different audiences and contexts.
- Communication Theory.
- Communication in Architectural Practice: drawings, specifications, architect instructions.
- Issuing of drawings and instruction.
- Preparation of proposals for client, local authorities, financial institutions Communication on the building site.