Electrical Machines II
Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units12
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits0
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units1
Hours & Credits
This module will prepare students for entry into the field of electrical machinery in power systems within the electrical engineering environment.
The student should be able to:
- communicate an understanding of the established principles, concepts and terminology within electrical machines;
- analyze various electrical machines by the selection, synthesis and implementation of the established principles, procedures and practices;
- establish the parameters for, and implement the principles and operation of single phase transformers;
- establish the parameters for, and implement the principles and operation of three phase induction machines;
- establish the parameters for, and implement the principles and operation of dc machines;
- establish the parameters for, and implement the principles and operation of single phase induction motors.
- Single phase transformers.
- Three phase induction machines.
- DC machines.
- Single phase induction motors.