Game Science I
Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Area of Study
Agriculture, Animal Science
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units12
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits0
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units1
Hours & Credits
To introduce students to different game species, their habitat requirements and their social behavioural patterns in order to understand the influence of these factors on game management practices.
- Identify different game species.
- Discuss the characteristics of each game species.
- Understand the principles involved in game data gathering, processing and interpretation.
- Demonstrate the ability to monitor and control game numbers.
- Understand the effect of climate change on game populations.
- Identification and in depth study of game animals.
- Population dynamics.
- Determining age of game animals.
- Monitoring of game population numbers, distribution, density, concentration and condition.
- Principles of data gathering, processing and interpretation.