Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units10
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits0
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units1
Hours & Credits
The purpose of the module is to introduce learners to the field of business ethics in order for them to develop an awareness and understanding of the ethical issues in business; moral reasoning; and ethical decision-making skills.
- Understand the philosophical foundations of ethics.
- Explain key concepts in ethics, business ethics and professional ethics.
- Understand the South African context for ethics, corporate governance and sustainability.
- Define the required corporate governance principles and practices and evaluate whether an organisation complies with such practices.
- Define and explain the principles of sustainable development.
- Explain corporate social responsibility.
- Recognise typical ethical issues in organisations.
- Define the challenges of globalisation.
- Apply an ethical decision-making model to resolve ethical dilemmas.
- Explain the components of an effective organisational ethics management programme.
- Key concepts in ethics, business ethics and professional ethics.
- The philosophical foundations of ethics.
- Ethical decision-making.
- Corporate social responsibility.
- Sustainable development.
- Corporate governance in the South African context.
- Organisational ethics.
- Ethics management.
- Ethics and globalisation.