Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Area of Study
Ecology, Wildlife Biology
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units10
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits0
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units1
Hours & Credits
To develop the students? ability to understand the principles of community ecology.
Learners must be able to:
- understand and identify the factors responsible for community ecology;
- apply scientific principles to the study of ecology;
- apply interactions and community structure concepts to an understanding of ecosystem functioning;
- understand the composition and structure of a community.
- Exploitative interactions: predation, herbivory,parasites.
- Species abundance and Diversity.
- Interaction and community structures.
- Production and energy flow.