Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Area of Study
Legal Studies, Pre-Law
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units15
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits1
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units1
Hours & Credits
To facilitate the acquisition of knowledge and practical skills relating to the general principles underlying criminal law.
Students will be able to:
- identify the role of criminals law in the justice system;
- describe the general principles underlying criminal liability in the criminal justice system;
- describe the grounds of justification excluding unlawfulness available to the accused in the criminal justice system;
- describe the general principles underlying criminal liability on the basis of attempt, conspiracy, incitement and participation;
- identify legal issues relating to the criminal justice system.
- Introduction to criminal liability.
- The principle of legality.
- Criminal capacity.
- Theories of criminal liability.
- Attempt, conspiracy and incitement.