Mathematics for Accounting
Nelson Mandela University
Port Elizabeth, South Africa
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units12
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits0
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units1
Hours & Credits
This module will equip students with the necessary knowledge of operational research and financial Mathematics as required in a number of commerce and construction management degree programmes.
After completion of this module, students will be able to:
- use a financial calculator to do a variety of financial calculations;
- perform interest and annuity calculations;
- account for missed payments and changes in interest rates;
- evaluate multiple transaction cash flow streams;
- recognise the time value of money;
- solve Linear Programming problems using the corner-point method;
- calculate ranges of optimality;
- minimise transportation cost using the North-West corner method;
- plan projects with PERT and CPM.
- The basic theory of interest and annuities.
- Time value of money (including missed payments, changes in interest rates, amortization tables and sinking funds).
- Linear programming.
- Sensitivity analysis.
- Elementary matrix algebra.
- Transportation problems.
- PERT networks.