Intermediate Chinese Language
East China Normal University
Area of Study
Asian Studies, Chinese
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits6
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units9
Hours & Credits
This course is designed for students who have studied Chinese for a period of time and mastered some basic language knowledge. By taking this course, students will know more Chinese characters, words and grammars and how to communicate with Chinese in their daily life. A variety of topics covered in this course, like season, game, health, festival, work, travel, education, transport, etc. This course may help students improve pronunciation and appropriate expressions, as well as understand more about Chinese culture.
- Improve the accuracy of phonetic.
- Master about 160 elementary words.
- Master about 16 grammar points.
- Master about 8 practical patterns.
- Master the basic knowledge about Chinese characters which including the strokes, writing orders and the structures.
- Be able to solve basic problems in daily life.
- Be able to express opinion and talk about some topics on season, study, health, work, etc.
- Improve the proficiency and accuracy in Chinese communication and expression.
- Understand more about Chinese culture and society.
- Attain basic intercultural awareness.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations