Pusan National University
Busan, South Korea
Area of Study
Business Management, Information Technologies
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits0
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
This course deals with concepts, principles, and techniques to develop and manage a the database (DB) which is one of the critical elements of information systems. Successfully completed students will have the ability to apply theoretical understanding and development techniques to IT management.
- Understand why database is necessary for information systems
- Understand database development process
- Understand relational database theory
- Understand query language
- Understand issues of database administration
Detail Learning Goals
1-1 Understand managerial perspective of database management
1-2 Understand theoretical background of database development
1-3 Understand data extraction methods using SQL
1-4 Understand each step of whole database development and how those are related each other
2-1 Understand query process
2-2 Understand normalization method
2-3 Successful completion of a team project
2-4 Understand how e-business utilizes database technologies
This class focuses on below topics;
- Concepts and principles of DBMS
- Concepts and structure of relational DB
- Issues related to DB management such as security, error control and recovery
- Analysis and design techniques for developing DB system
A team project will be assigned to enhance the learning experience. A team typically consists of three students. Details about the project will be explained in class.
combination of lecture, assignment, class presentation, etc.
Hoffer, J., M. Prescott, and H. Topi, Modern Database Management, 12th Ed., Pearson Education, 2016.