Pusan National University
Busan, South Korea
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits0
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
1. Learn the basic financial concepts involved in investment management.
2. Understand the processes involved in investment management.
4. Learn how to calculate investment return with both arithmetic and geometric means.
5. Calculate the present value of future cash flows.
6. Learn how to calculate the risk of an investment.
7. Learn how to calculate the selling price of stocks and bonds.
Lecture information: This course provides an introduction to investment management issues, which complement the broader financial management issues discussed in Financial Management. An understanding of the investment concepts is also useful for understanding related Finance concepts including Corporate Finance, International Finance, and, Financial Statement Analysis.
Student performance criteria
1. Students learn available investment instruments and the purpose and operation of capital markets in the United States and around the world.
2. Students understand how to evaluate current investments and future opportunities to develop a
portfolio of investments that will satisfy their risk-return objectives.