Popular Subject Areas
Engineering & Business Intelligence
Hanyang University is well known throughout South Korea as one of the top private research institutions in the country, and it attracts some of Korea's top talent. In 2019, the QS World University Rankings ranked Hanyang University as number 25 in their evaluation of the best universities in Asia. Hanyang University was founded in 1939 during the Japanese occupation. Located in the eastern part of South Korea's capital, the university's campus is easily accessible to the rest of the city. Although in an extremely urban environment, the Hanyang campus is similar to most campuses of American universities and offers comparable amenities.
Fall 3 2021
Aug 15, 2021 - Dec 22, 2021
May 15, 2021
Forms and Payment Deadline
Jun 01, 2021
12 - 20 Credits
2.50 Minimum GPA*
- This session is closed and is no longer accepting applications.
Study Abroad Program Description
Designed to hone your knowledge of business, economics, and engineering, this program is ideal for business and engineering students who are willing to explore the unique Korean culture.
All courses are taught in English. Courses will be taught by local and international faculty. You will have classes with local Korean students, ISA students, and visiting international students from all around the world.
You can combine the Spring + Fall OR Fall + Spring sessions at a discounted price. For more information about this option, please contact your ISA South Korea Program Manager.
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
MINIMUM ADMISSIONS PREREQUISITES
There is no language prerequisite for this program.
At the time of application, you should have a passport that is valid for at least six months after the end of your program.
You must be enrolled as a full-time degree-seeking student in a U.S. college or university.
A TEAN by WorldStrides Program
ISA's Asia and Pacific programs are operated by our partner division within WorldStrides, TEAN, who has over 25 years of experience in the region.
To apply for this program through TEAN, click the Apply Now button.
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Comprehensive Health, Safety, and Security Support
Tuition at the Host University
Bridging Cultures Orientation
Full-Time Resident Staff
On-Site ISA Offices
ISA Discovery Model
Official Transcript from the Host University
Professional Development Toolbox
12 - 20
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
12 - 20
Course Availability and Selection
- The courses below reflect the most current list of courses released by the host university. While this list may be used as a general guide while completing your pre-registration form, the host university did not publish the final course list for this semester. This site will be updated once ISA receives the final list of courses, along with a note notifying students of the change.
- Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers and scheduling. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last-minute class cancellations.
- Requests for sample syllabi can be made to the ISA South Korea Program Manager.
- While at Hanyang University, students can enroll in up to 20 Credits.
- Per Hanyang University, three credits are equivalent to 3 U.S. semester credits. Credit transfer is ultimately determined by the student’s home university.
- According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Course Level Recommendations
- ISA offers course level recommendations for the courses listed below. Please note that the course level recommendations are based on Hanyang University's course year classifications of 1, 2, 3 or 4, which correspond to the Korean four-year undergraduate level system.
- Courses listed in Hanyang University's course database classified as year 1 or 2 are recommended as lower division. Courses listed in Hanyang University's course database classified as year 3 or 4 are recommended as upper division.
- These ISA recommendations are intended to facilitate the determination of course equivalencies by advisors and credential evaluators at participants' U.S. home institutions.
1. Click on the link below for Hanyang's full list of courses taught in English
2. Select the corresponding previous year, semester (fall 2020) as the confirmed course list is not released until a month prior to program start date.
3. Select English-Only Courses for Course Type
4. Click blue Search button
5. Medicine, Nursing and Law are NOT available to visiting students
6. To download a syllabus click Course Code
Go to Host University Course Search HereGo to Course Search
select allclear all
Support & Funding
Internship Coordinator, South Korea
Student Service Manager, South Korea
Funding Your ISA Program
Wondering how you’ll fund your program? ISA’s got you covered! If you receive financial aid for your home university, you will likely be able to use those funds for study abroad too. The first step is usually speaking with your home university. Check out the steps for using financial aid here.
Need to know how much to budget for a term abroad? Take a look at the additional expenses you might expect, depending on your program.
As an ISA participant, you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. We offer over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, visit the scholarships and grants page.View all Funding Options
Living in ISA housing will give you the opportunity to experience aspects of Korean lifestyle that are inaccessible to the average visitor of Seoul. You will have the option of staying in the on-campus or off-campus dormitory with other local and international students or secure your own housing and receive a discount from ISA. The experience of living in another culture will be both educational and rewarding as long as you stay open-minded at all times.
We strive to match your housing preferences with our available accommodations; however, housing preference requests cannot be guaranteed.
At Hanyang University, you will stay in one of the conveniently located on-campus dormitories which helps you immerse yourself into Korean student life and get to your classes in no time! No matter which dorm you're placed in, you will be staying in an air-conditioned double room with free WiFi. You will have access to a coin-operated laundry, on-campus dining halls, convenience stores, coffee shops, and a basic fitness center. Dormitories have either separate buildings or floors for male and female students, and opposite sex guests are not allowed to visit your room.
You may elect to secure housing independently. If you select this option, you will receive a discount equal to the housing portion of the program price.
THERE’S MORE TO DISCOVER WITH ISA
Busan is the second largest city in South Korea and it is the fifth largest shipping port-city in the world. Busan is located on the southern tip of the Korean peninsula and is well known for its natural beauty - beaches and mountains. Sometimes Busan is even called "the summer capital of South Korea." Beyond going to the beach, Busan offers a wealth of historical and cultural landmarks, such as Oryukdo Skywalk, the largest seafood market in Korea, Jagalchi Sijang and and the impressive ocean-side Buddhist temple, Haedongyonggungsa.
Spend the afternoon with your fellow ISA participants by learning to cook a traditional Korean meal. Learn about Korean cooking techniques and then sit down to enjoy your well-deserved creation!
The Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) is occupied by the North Korean military in the north and South Korean and U.S. military forces in the south. It is a significant landmark in Korean history. You will be taken with a guide to see Freedom Bridge, The 3rd infiltration Tunnel, DMZ Theater, Dora observatory (pending availability), Doransan Station and an Amethyst factory.
Spend the weekend at Jeondeungsa Temple, one of the oldest and most famous temples in Korea. This excursion is the perfect introduction to Buddhism in Korea, as you'll be able to practice meditation and enjoy tea time with the head monk.
K-drama set experience: Dae Jang Geum Park
Explore one of the largest outdoor film sets where many historical dramas, movies and advertisements have been filmed; Dae Jang Geum Park in Yongin. Dating from the post-Three Kingdoms Period to the Joseon dynasty, the architecture on set has been thoroughly researched and recreated using the authentic techniques of the day. Take a journey back in time to historic drama sites and to check out where popular scenes were shot.
Cultural Activities in Seoul
The ISA on-site team encourages you to explore the city and culture of Seoul. The team facilitates this by offering a robust calendar of events that showcases what makes Seoul special. These activities vary each term, and previous offerings have included tours of Gyeongbok Palace, The War Memorial Museum, shopping in the historical markets of Gwangjang, Dongmyo, Insadong & Hanbok and Korean movie nights.