ISA Remote Learning: Korean Language and Culture & Courses in English
Hanyang University is well known throughout South Korea as one of the top private research institutions in the country, and it attracts some of Korea's top talent. In 2019, the QS World University Rankings ranked Hanyang University as number 25 in their evaluation of the best universities in Asia. Hanyang University was founded in 1939 during the Japanese occupation. Located in the eastern part of South Korea's capital, the university's campus is easily accessible to the rest of the city. Although in an extremely urban environment, the Hanyang campus is similar to most campuses of American universities and offers comparable amenities.
J-Term 4 2021
Jan 04, 2021 - Jan 15, 2021
Nov 30, 2020
Forms and Payment Deadline
Dec 15, 2020
3 Host University Units
2.50 Minimum GPA*
- Apply Now
Study Abroad Program Description
The program price includes tuition for one online course (45 hours, worth 3 semester credits). Choose from a wide range of subjects including Korean language/art/culture, business, communication, engineering, science, math and social sciences.
The Korean Language and Culture & Courses in English Remote Learning program with Hanyang University is more than learning about South Korea from afar. It is about experiencing South Korea as a world-renowned symbol of culture in a significant and compelling manner. The remote course offering aims to deeply engage learners through a well-structured exploration of Seoul by providing students a meaningful and transportable vision of the city that ultimately helps to inform and positively influence their future experiences.
Add on the J-Term Remote Learning to your Hanyang Spring Semester program for a $300 discount!
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
MINIMUM ADMISSIONS PREREQUISITES
There is no language prerequisite for this program.
You must be enrolled as a full-time degree-seeking student in a U.S. college or university. Gap students must provide an official acceptance letter proving their enrollment at a U.S. institution for the semester immediately following their program at Hanyang University.
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Tuition at the Host University
ISA Discovery Model
Official Transcript from the Host University
Host University Units
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units
Course Availability and Selection
For a complete list of Hanyang J-Term course list, course syllabi, and tentative schedule, please see the page below:
- Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers and scheduling. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last-minute class cancellations.
- Requests for sample syllabi can be made to the ISA South Korea Program Manager.
- Per Hanyang University, 3 credits are equivalent to 3 U.S. semester credits. Credit transfer is ultimately determined by the student’s home university.
Korean Language Courses
- Taking a Korean language course is not required, however, we encourage students to do so.
- Students will be required to take a placement exam at the beginning of the program. Please note that your performance on the placement exam may not reflect the number of semesters of language instruction you've already completed at your home university. We strongly suggest that students who are trying to place into any level of language beyond true beginning prepare for the language placement exam by reviewing previous coursework.
select allclear all
Support & Funding
Funding Your ISA Program
As an ISA participant, you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. ISA offers over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, you may visit the Scholarships and Grants page. Please note that some programs, including remote learning opportunities, are not eligible for scholarships.View all Funding Options
ISA's Remote Learning programs are completed from the comfort of your own home. For this reason, housing is not an inclusion in this particular program.
If you are interested in traveling abroad with ISA in the future, you can review the housing information located within the program page for any of our study abroad opportunities.
THERE’S MORE TO DISCOVER WITH ISA