Korean Language & Electives in English
Korea University, founded in 1905, is one of the Korea's oldest, largest and top-ranked universities. In 2019, the QS World University Rankings ranked Korea University as number 12 in their evaluation of the best universities in Asia. Known as the "Ivy League" private university in the country, Korea University is a world-class institution featuring a dynamic educational environment, beautiful and conveniently-located campus, and top-quality student facilities. It prides itself not only in being a progressive and globally conscious institution offering a rich variety of courses in STEM, liberal arts and science, but also one that plays a role in preserving and developing Korea's unique culture. Korea University Business School is the first business school in the country to have acquired both the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation.
Dec 25, 2019 - Jan 17, 2020
Nov 10, 2019
3 - 6 Host University Units
2.50 Minimum GPA*
- This session is closed and is no longer accepting applications.
Make the most of your winter or summer with these study abroad programs at Korea University. Choose from a wide range of subjects including Korean language, art and design, business and economics, communication and media, international relations, engineering, science, math and more.
- 4 weeks
- 2 courses
- 6 recommended U.S. semester credits
- 4 weeks
- 1 course
- 3 recommended U.S. semester credits
- 6 weeks
- 2 courses
- 6 recommended U. S. semester credits
- 6 weeks
- 1 course
- 3 recommended U. S. semester credits
- 3 weeks
- 1 or 2 courses option
- 3 or 6 recommended U.S. semester credits
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
MINIMUM ADMISSIONS PREREQUISITES
There is no language prerequisite for this program.
At the time of application, you should have a passport that is valid for at least six months after the end of your program.
You must be enrolled as a full-time degree-seeking student in a U.S. college or university. Gap students must provide an official acceptance letter proving their enrollment at a U.S. institution for the semester immediately following their program at Korea University.
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Comprehensive Health, Safety, and Security Support
Tuition at the Host University
Bridging Cultures Program
Full-Time Resident Staff
On-Site ISA Offices
ISA Discovery Model
Official Transcript from the Host University
Professional Development Toolbox
Host University Units
3 - 6
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
3 - 6
Course Availability and Selection
- The courses below reflect the confirmed list of courses released by the host university.
- Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers and scheduling. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last-minute class cancellations.
- Requests for sample syllabi can be made to the ISA South Korea Program Manager.
- You can take a course during one of the periods (one total) or one course during the first period, and one course during the second period (two total).
- Per Korea University, 3 credits are equivalent to 3 U.S. semester credits. Credit transfer is ultimately determined by the student’s home university.
Korean Language Courses
- Taking a Korean language course is not required, however, we encourage students to do so.
- Students will be required to take a placement exam at the beginning of the program. Please note that your performance on the placement exam may not reflect the number of semesters of language instruction you've already completed at your home university. We strongly suggest that students who are trying to place into any level of language beyond true beginning prepare for the language placement exam by reviewing previous coursework.
select allclear all
- Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Support & Funding
Funding Your ISA Program
As an ISA participant, you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. ISA offers over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, please visit the Scholarships and Grants page.View all Funding Options
Living in ISA housing will give you the opportunity to experience aspects of Korean lifestyle that are inaccessible to the average visitor of Seoul. You will have the option of staying in the on-campus or off-campus dormitory with other local and international students or secure your own housing and receive a discount from ISA. The experience of living in another culture will be both educational and rewarding as long as you stay open-minded at all times.
We strive to match your housing preferences with our available accommodations; however, housing preference requests cannot be guaranteed.
The Korea University dormitories are conveniently located on campus, which helps you immerse yourself into Korean student life and get to your classes in no time. During a semester program, you are assigned in one of the two Korea University dormitories: CJ International House or Anam Global House. CJ International House offers double and single rooms and has a bathroom that is shared by the suitemates. Anam Global House offers triple and double rooms with bathroom facilities installed in the room and shared by the roommates. If you're studying abroad during the summer, you will stay in a double room at Frontier House dormitory. No matter what dorm you're staying in, you will live among local Korean and international students. You will have access to a coin-operated laundry, shared kitchens, and on-campus dining halls that offer affordable meal plans that can be purchased separately after you arrive in Seoul. Dormitories have either separate buildings or floors for male and female students, and opposite sex guests are not allowed to visit your room.
You may elect to secure housing independently. If you select this option, you will receive a discount equal to the housing portion of the program price.
THERE’S MORE TO DISCOVER WITH ISA