Popular Subject Areas
Remote Learning: Korean Language & Electives in English
Korea University, founded in 1905, is one of the Korea's oldest, largest and top-ranked universities. In 2019, the QS World University Rankings ranked Korea University as number 12 in their evaluation of the best universities in Asia. Known as the "Ivy League" private university in the country, Korea University is a world-class institution featuring a dynamic educational environment, beautiful and conveniently-located campus, and top-quality student facilities. It prides itself not only in being a progressive and globally conscious institution offering a rich variety of courses in STEM, liberal arts and science, but also one that plays a role in preserving and developing Korea's unique culture. Korea University Business School is the first business school in the country to have acquired both the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation.
Summer 1B 2021
Jul 12, 2021 - Aug 05, 2021
May 15, 2021
Forms and Payment Deadline
Jun 01, 2021
3 Host University Units
2.50 Minimum GPA*
- Apply Now
Study Abroad Program Description
Choose from a range of subjects including Korean language/art/culture, business, finance, and social sciences.
The Korean Language and Electives in English Remote Learning program with Korea University is more than learning about South Korea from afar. It is about experiencing South Korea as a world-renowned symbol of culture in a significant and compelling manner. The remote course offering aims to deeply engage learners through a well-structured exploration of Seoul by providing students a meaningful and transportable vision of the city that ultimately helps to inform and positively influence their future experiences.
Summer 1B Remote
1 course = 3 credits
1, 2 or 3 courses (3, 6, or 9 credits)
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
MINIMUM ADMISSIONS PREREQUISITES
There is no language prerequisite for this program.
You must be enrolled as a full-time degree-seeking student in a U.S. college or university. Academically motivated high school students or high school graduates. Pre-college students must submit legal consent letter signed by a legal guardian.
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Tuition at the Host University
ISA Discovery Model
Official Transcript from the Host University
Host University Units
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
Course Availability and Selection
- The courses below reflects a list of courses expected to be offered based off of last year's program. Once courses are confirmed for the current year, students will receive an email update.
- Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers and scheduling. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last-minute class cancellations.
- Students can take one class. Each class offers a full-semester of coursework condensed into four weeks of intensive study totaling 48 hours
- Requests for sample syllabi can be made to the ISA South Korea Program Manager.
- Per Korea University, 3 credits are equivalent to 3 U.S. semester credits. Credit transfer is ultimately determined by the student’s home university.
Korean Language Courses
- Taking a Korean language course is not required, however, we encourage students to do so.
- Students will be required to take a placement exam at the beginning of the program. Please note that your performance on the placement exam may not reflect the number of semesters of language instruction you've already completed at your home university. We strongly suggest that students who are trying to place into any level of language beyond true beginning prepare for the language placement exam by reviewing previous coursework.
select allclear all
Support & Funding
Funding Your ISA Program
As an ISA participant, you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. ISA offers over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, you may visit the Scholarships and Grants page. Please note that some programs, including remote learning opportunities, are not eligible for scholarships.View all Funding Options
ISA's Remote Learning programs are completed from the comfort of your own home. For this reason, housing is not an inclusion in this particular program.
If you are interested in traveling abroad with ISA in the future, you can review the housing information located within the program page for any of our study abroad opportunities.