Popular Subject Areas
STEM, Social Sciences & Liberal Arts
Korea University, founded in 1905, is one of the Korea's oldest, largest and top-ranked universities. In 2019, the QS World University Rankings ranked Korea University as number 12 in their evaluation of the best universities in Asia. Known as the "Ivy League" private university in the country, Korea University is a world-class institution featuring a dynamic educational environment, beautiful and conveniently-located campus, and top-quality student facilities. It prides itself not only in being a progressive and globally conscious institution offering a rich variety of courses in STEM, liberal arts and science, but also one that plays a role in preserving and developing Korea's unique culture. Korea University Business School is the first business school in the country to have acquired both the Association to Advance Collegiate Schools of Business (AACSB) and European Quality Improvement System (EQUIS) accreditation.
Fall 2 2021
Aug 10, 2021 - Dec 21, 2021
Apr 15, 2021
Forms and Payment Deadline
May 01, 2021
12 - 19 Host University Units
2.50 Minimum GPA*
- This session is closed and is no longer accepting applications.
Study Abroad Program Description
With a variety of courses in business, sciences, arts, humanities, social sciences, applied sciences, and even more specialized fields, you will have the opportunity to take courses for your major, minor, and general education requirements.
All courses are taught in English by local and international faculty, with the exception of the Korean language course. No Korean language experience is required to participate. The classes are comprised of Korean students, ISA students, and visiting international students from all over the world.
You can combine the Spring + Fall OR Fall + Spring sessions at a discounted price. For more information about this option, please contact your ISA South Korea Program Manager.
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
MINIMUM ADMISSIONS PREREQUISITES
There is no language prerequisite for this program.
- At the time of application, you need a passport that is valid for at least six months after the end of your program.
- Minimum sophomore standing at a four-year institution at the time of application.
- If you have recently transferred to a new four-year institution, you need to have completed at least one semester at your new school.
A TEAN by WorldStrides Program
ISA's Asia and Pacific programs are operated by our partner division within WorldStrides, TEAN, who has over 25 years of experience in the region.
To apply for this program through TEAN, click the Apply Now button.
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Comprehensive Health, Safety, and Security Support
Tuition at the Host University
Bridging Cultures Orientation
Full-Time Resident Staff
On-Site ISA Offices
ISA Discovery Model
Official Transcript from the Host University
Professional Development Toolbox
Host University Units
12 - 19
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
12 - 19
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units
18 - 28
Course Availability and Selection
- The course list below indicates the proposed courses for the upcoming semester. While the list may be used as a general guide while completing your pre-registration form, course offerings and enrollment will not be confirmed until students are on site.
- Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers and scheduling. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last-minute class cancellations.
- Requests for sample syllabi can be made to the ISA South Korea Program Manager.
- While at Korea University, students can enroll in up to 6 courses.
- Per Korea University, three credits are equivalent to 3 U.S. semester credits. Credit transfer is ultimately determined by the student’s home university.
- According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Business Administration Courses
- Please be aware that Korea University is experiencing a high demand for Business Administration courses. It may be challenging to register for these classes, and there will be no guarantee for their preferred choices. If you plan on taking Business Administration courses, we encourage you to have alternative choices.
Course Level Recommendations
- ISA offers course level recommendations for the courses listed below. Please note that the course level recommendations are based on Korea University's course year classifications of 1, 2, 3 or 4, which correspond to the Korean four-year undergraduate level system.
- Courses listed in Korea University's course database classified as year 0, 1 or 2 are recommended as lower division. Courses listed in Korea University's course database classified as year 3 or 4 are recommended as upper division.
- These ISA recommendations are intended to facilitate the determination of course equivalencies by advisors and credential evaluators at participants' U.S. home institutions.
Korean Language Courses
- Taking a Korean language course is not required. However, we encourage students to do so.
- Students will be required to take a placement exam at the beginning of each semester. Please note that your performance on the placement exam may not reflect the number of semesters of language instruction you've already completed at your home university. We strongly suggest that students who are trying to place into any level of language beyond true beginning prepare for the language placement exam by reviewing previous coursework.
1. Click on the link below and select 'English', then 'Search Course more+'
2. Select the corresponding previous year, semester (fall 2020) as the confirmed course list is not released until a month prior to program start date.
3. Select 'Seoul' for Campus
4. Select 'college' for College section
5. Select 'major' for Classification
6. Select the college and department of the course
Medicine, Nursing, Pharmacy, Law, Teacher Education, Division of Information Security, Art&Design and all the courses in Sejong Campus are NOT available to visiting students.
7. You will see the list of all courses taught at Korea University in a particular department. The courses available to ISA students have (English) in the title and a check mark in column 3)X
8. To download a syllabus, click on a course code.
Go to Host University Course Search HereGo to Course Search
select allclear all
- Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations
Support & Funding
Internship Coordinator, South Korea
Student Service Manager, South Korea
Funding Your ISA Program
Wondering how you’ll fund your program? ISA’s got you covered! If you receive financial aid for your home university, you will likely be able to use those funds for study abroad too. The first step is usually speaking with your home university. Check out the steps for using financial aid here.
Need to know how much to budget for a term abroad? Take a look at the additional expenses you might expect, depending on your program.
As an ISA participant, you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. We offer over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, visit the scholarships and grants page.View all Funding Options
Living in ISA housing will give you the opportunity to experience aspects of Korean lifestyle that are inaccessible to the average visitor of Seoul. You will have the option of staying in the on-campus or off-campus dormitory with other local and international students or secure your own housing and receive a discount from ISA. The experience of living in another culture will be both educational and rewarding as long as you stay open-minded at all times.
We strive to match your housing preferences with our available accommodations; however, housing preference requests cannot be guaranteed.
The Korea University dormitories are conveniently located on campus, which helps you immerse yourself into Korean student life and get to your classes in no time. During a semester program, you are assigned in one of the two Korea University dormitories: CJ International House or Anam Global House. CJ International House offers double and single rooms and has a bathroom that is shared by the suitemates. Anam Global House offers triple and double rooms with bathroom facilities installed in the room and shared by the roommates. If you're studying abroad during the summer, you will stay in a double room at Frontier House dormitory. No matter what dorm you're staying in, you will live among local Korean and international students. You will have access to a coin-operated laundry, shared kitchens, and on-campus dining halls that offer affordable meal plans that can be purchased separately after you arrive in Seoul. Dormitories have either separate buildings or floors for male and female students, and opposite sex guests are not allowed to visit your room.
In case that on-campus dormitories of Korea University reach their capacities, you will have the option to stay at goshitel, which is an off-campus student residence. Goshitels are located within walking distance of Korea University and you'll stay in a single room with private bathroom and a shared public kitchen.
You may elect to secure housing independently. If you select this option, you will receive a discount equal to the housing portion of the program price.
THERE’S MORE TO DISCOVER WITH ISA
ISA excursions allow you to explore the picturesque, historical, and unique landscape of South Korea and Japan that you may not have the chance to visit on your own. While abroad, you will have the chance to go on a weekend trip, two day trips, and one optional weekend trip to the following destinations.
Busan is the second largest city in South Korea and it is the fifth largest shipping port-city in the world. Busan is located on the southern tip of the Korean peninsula and is well known for its natural beauty - beaches and mountains. Sometimes Busan is even called "the summer capital of South Korea." Beyond going to the beach, Busan offers a wealth of historical and cultural landmarks, such as Oryukdo Skywalk, the largest seafood market in Korea, Jagalchi Sijang and and the impressive ocean-side Buddhist temple, Haedongyonggungsa.
Spend the weekend at Jeondeungsa Temple, one of the oldest and most famous temples in Korea. This excursion is the perfect introduction to Buddhism in Korea, as you'll be able to practice meditation and enjoy tea time with the head monk.
K-drama set experience: Dae Jang Geum Park
Explore one of the largest outdoor film sets where many historical dramas, movies and advertisements have been filmed; Dae Jang Geum Park in Yongin. Dating from the post-Three Kingdoms Period to the Joseon dynasty, the architecture on set has been thoroughly researched and recreated using the authentic techniques of the day. Take a journey back in time to historic drama sites and to check out where popular scenes were shot.
The Demilitarized Zone (DMZ) is occupied by the North Korean military in the north and South Korean and U.S. military forces in the south. It is a significant landmark in Korean history. You will be taken with a guide to see Freedom Bridge, The 3rd infiltration Tunnel, DMZ Theater, Dora observatory (pending availability), Doransan Station and an Amethyst factory.
Spend the afternoon with your fellow ISA participants by learning to cook a traditional Korean meal. Learn about Korean cooking techniques and then sit down to enjoy your well-deserved creation!
Cultural Activities in Seoul
The ISA on-site team encourages you to explore the city and culture of Seoul. The team facilitates this by offering a robust calendar of events that showcases what makes Seoul special. These activities vary each term, and previous offerings have included tours of Gyeongbok Palace, The War Memorial Museum, shopping in the historical markets of Gwangjang, Dongmyo, Insadong & Hanbok and Korean movie nights.