Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units4
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
DNA as genetic material, Mendelian genetics, chromosomal basis of heredity, complex traits, evolutionary genetics, molecular genetics, formulation of genetic hypotheses.
- To understand basic genetic concepts
- To develop learning processes and problem solving skills in genetics
- To be familiar with important concept and application of genetic instrumentation.
- To be able to formulate genetic hypotheses and work out phenotypic consequences.
- To be able to appreciate human genome project applications to biomedical science.
- Getting to know and appreciate some autobiography of prominent geneticists.
- Develop capacity and motivation to read more advance text books on genetics and also some details in scientific articles in current scientific journals.
- Develop critical thinking by doing some problem solving in class.
- Being exposed to current job market in biological sciences especially in genetics.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations