Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units4
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
Introduction to macroeconomics principle, theories of output, consumption, inflation, unemployment, fiscal and monetary policy, international monetary system.
- Introduce and describe the fundamental concepts of economics such as what is economics, demand and supply analysis, elasticity, markets and competition, etc.
- Explain some of the macroeconomics variables or indicators such as, GDP, GNP, Inflation, the rate of interest, unemployment rate.
- Analyze some of the macroeconomics theory such as short-run and long-run of economy, the modern Keynesian theory, IS-LM framework and AS-AD model.
- Provide lecture during the class hours
- Introduce games for analytical thinking
- Discuss some of the current economic news
- PowerPoint presentation
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations