Environmental Quality Analysis II
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units4
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
Practices on environmental quality monitoring concerning soil analysis, solid waste, air and noise pollution, as well as toxicity testing; data sampling; sample preservation and sampling analysis; data evaluation.
- Describe nature of soil and soil analysis
- To construct a coagulant/flocculant equilibrium curve for a water treatment
- To obtain operating results for a solid-liquid and liquid-liquid separation
- Utilize instruments and samplers appropriate for assessment of noise and air pollution levels
- Monitor quality of environmental samples using toxicity data obtained from biotests
Lectures, classroom discussion, practice in environmental microbiology laboratory
Power point, transparencies, slides, audiovisual and hand-out
Measurement and evaluation of student achievement:
- The ability to understanding basic analytical techniques for soil air and noise analysis
- The ability to recognize factors influencing the environmental quality monitoring
- The ability to present scientific and technical information to different groups of audiences
Student’s achievement will be graded according to the college and university standard using the symbols: A (85%), B+, B, C+, C, D+, D and F.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations