Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units4
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
Mechanisms and the reactions of selected enzymes from the perspective of mechanistic organic chemistry and physical organic chemistry; three-dimensional structure of enzymes; chemical catalysis; enzyme kinetics; stereochemistry of enzyme reactions.
- Understand mechanisms of selected enzymes from organic chemistry perspective;
- Understand three-dimensional structures of enzymes and the mechanisms of enzymes;
- Apply physical organic chemistry to understanding enzyme actions.
- Group discussion and presentation
Presentation slides (PowerPoint), handouts, and lecturing from boards.
- The ability in understanding mechanisms of selected enzymes from organic chemistry perspective
- The ability in understanding three-dimensional structures of enzymes and the mechanisms of enzymes
- The ability to apply physical organic chemistry to understanding enzyme actions
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations