Information Systems Security
Area of Study
Information Sciences, Information Technologies
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units4
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
Examines potential security risks in today’s intensive information organizations. Topics that would be covered include viruses, security reviews, encryption, authentication, firewalls, and disaster recovery plans.
- Able to understand the risks associated with computer security.
- Understand the different types of security threats and be able to analyze and solve problems effecting organizations.
- Define an information security strategy and architecture.
All materials will be covered by lecturing during the class time. Examples and case studies will be discussed through question‐answer time.
Measurement and Evaluation of Student Achievement:
- The ability to understand the risks associated with computer security.
- The ability to understand the different types of security threats and be able to analyze and solve problems effecting organizations.
- The ability to define an information security strategy and architecture.
Student’s achievement will be graded according to the faculty and university standard using the symbols: A, B+, B, C+, C, D+, D, and F.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations