Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units4
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
Critical thinking styles, brief of key instruments, reviews on basic functional interactions of macromolecules, molecular biology of genes and genomes, genetic engineering and genome analysis. Group discussion is included.
- To use basic molecular biology to understand and describe biological phenomena at all levels of biological organization and complexity especially in relation to students’s research interest.
- To describe properties and relationship of biological, chemical, and physical properties of macromolecules.
- To describe overviews of important biological processes such as replication, transcription, translation and mutation.
- To relate biological phenomena at molecular level and evolutionary thinking.
- To be able to set molecular hypothesis and thinking through the experimental facts.
- To be able to test experimental result against hypotheses.
- Describe principles of instrument and key technologies in molecular biology.
- Discuss biography of some prominent molecular biologists.
- Read international scientific publications on molecular biology.
- Consider international job market in molecular biology.
- Develop sensible attitude toward molecular biology.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations