Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Host University Units4
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units0
Hours & Credits
This course is focused on functions and components of operating systems. Students are going to study for contemporary multiprocessing / multiprogramming systems. Exploration of systems programs: their design, internal structure and implementation are also included. Advanced topics in operating systems, performance measurement and evaluation and design of operating system modules will be taught.
- To be able to describe the components of contemporary operating systems
- To be able to criticize the design of the operating system structures
- To be able to explain different issues in modern operating systems
- To be able to measure the performance of operating systems in different environment
- To be able to select the optimal algorithms in different operating systems parts
- To be able to criticize different operating systems in different platform
Lecturing, demonstration and presentation
Measurement and evaluation of student achievement:
Assessment made from the set-forward criteria according to the MUIC’s grading policy.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Some courses may require additional fees.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations