Enterprise Information Systems
RMIT University Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Area of Study
Taught In English
Host University Units12
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4.5
Hours & Credits
This course is about Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems and how enterprise systems fit into business operations. ERP Systems are becoming common in medium to large organisations as it removes the need to have a large number of individual computer-based applications. An ERP system integrates the various applications into a single package, increasing the efficiency of the organization in delivering goods or services to customers. This course is therefore viewed as a combination of business management practice and technology
Objectives/Learning Outcomes/Capability Development
This course will help you in developing capability in the following areas:
- Utilise generic business knowledge and capabilities
- Develop operations and integration processes
- Develop interpersonal skills to engage with others
- Apply teamwork and leadership capabilities
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to demonstrate achievement of the following Course Level Outcomes (CLOs):
- CL01: Explain and evaluate key concepts and theories in the field of Enterprise Systems
- CL02: Select and design appropriate principles and approaches with the use of Enterprise Systems software to forecast and propose plans for cost effective interfaces between logistics and other functional business activities
- CL03: Investigate and apply appropriate methods and strategies in the ES implementation and upgrade process
- CL04: Build and display appropriate leadership and organizing abilities in leveraging resources, capabilities, and competencies of a group to integrate strategic, tactical, and operational thinking to resolve business and technical issues
- CL05: Develop and apply effective interpersonal skills and communication techniques in working as a team to solve real-world problems in Enterprise Systems
Overview of Learning Activities
Students will learn the concepts and issues involved in Enterprise Systems (ES) or Enterprise Resource Planning (ERP) systems in the business environment.
Part of the learning activities will also provide the students the opportunity to develop a written report for businesses wishing to select and implement enterprise systems.
Students will get to experience the use of the SAP systems during the workshops.
Overview of Learning Resources
RMIT University will provide you with resources and tools for learning in this course through our online systems and computer laboratories.
You have access to extensive course materials on myRMIT Studies, including digitised readings, lecture notes and a detailed study program, external internet links and access to RMIT Library online and hardcopy resources.
Overview of Assessment
Assessment of this course includes group assignments and final examination as follows:
A1: Group members are required to present their analysis and justify the rational to Enterprise Systems Vendor and Package Selection of either a real company or hypothetical company. This assessment task aligns with course learning outcomes CL01, CL03, CL04 and CL05.
A2: Groups members are required to report their analysis and findings of Enterprise Systems issues according to concepts, theories, methodologies and strategies that they have learnt throughout the course. This assessment task is aligned with course learning outcomes CL01, CL02, CL03, CL04, CL05.
A3: Take home exam to test students’ understanding of the Enterprise Systems concepts, strategies and techniques acquired from the course. This assessment task is aligned with course learning outcomes CL01, CL02, CL03.
Feedback will be provided throughout the semester in class and/or online discussions, through individual and group feedback on practical exercises and by individual consultation.