RMIT University Vietnam
Ho Chi Minh City, Vietnam
Area of Study
Computer Engineering, Computer Science, Information Technologies
Taught In English
Host University Units12
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4.5
Hours & Credits
This course introduces all facets of application development on mobile and wireless computing platforms. Android will be used as a basis for teaching programming techniques and design patterns related to the development of standalone applications and mobile portals to enterprise and m-commerce systems.
Objectives/Learning Outcomes/Capability Development
This course contributes to the following program learning outcomes:
- In-depth understanding of specialist bodies of knowledge within the engineering discipline.
- Application of established engineering methods to complex engineering problem solving.
- Fluent application of engineering techniques, tools and resources.
- Application of systematic engineering synthesis and design processes.
On completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Understand and apply all key features of Android development framework.
- Analyse an engineering problem and develop an algorithm of a solution.
- Perform analysis and design an OO solution for the problem.
- Write a program for the solution using an Integrated Development Environment (IDE).
- Debug and test a program.
Learning activities will take the form of:
Overview of Learning Resources
Learning resources will consist of recommended references and class notes which may be accessed through "myRMIT" if you are in Melbourne and via "RMIT online" if you are based in Vietnam.
The set of references is deliberately broad, including books, journal publications, government reports, industry standards and handbooks and web-based resources.
Overview of Assessment
- Assessment/Assignment 1: 20%
- Assessment/Assignment 2: 30%
- Assessment/Assignment 3: 50%