Business, Communications, Design, Fashion & Technology
Ho Chi Minh City
RMIT University Vietnam
The RMIT South Saigon campus is located in Ho Chi Minh City's District 7, just seven kilometers from the city center. The university is a part of the Melbourne-based university RMIT, which is Australia's largest higher education institution. Academic staff at RMIT University Vietnam work in tandem with RMIT in Melbourne to facilitate customization of material presented in Melbourne for delivery in Ho Chi Minh City. RMIT University Vietnam is particularly known for their robust academic offerings in technology, design, business and management, communication, engineering, and fashion. The modern campus houses academic centers, sporting fields, a health clinic, a library, food outlets, and a recreation and events complex.
Summer 1 2021
Mid Jun, 2021 - Late Sep, 2021
Mar 15, 2021
Forms and Payment Deadline
Mar 30, 2021
48 Host University Units
2.50 Minimum GPA*
- Apply Now
Study Abroad Program Description
RMIT University Vietnam offers a robust course list with over 100 courses taught in English. Choose from a large list of classes that range in subjects from digital media design to information technology, fashion & textiles to engineering, business management to economics, and much more.
Courses at RMIT University Vietnam are taught by a team of host university professors and lecturers and are instructed in English. The classes are comprised of local students, fellow ISA programmates, and international students from around the world.
You can combine the Fall + Spring, Spring + Summer 1, OR Summer 1 + Fall sessions at a discounted price. For more information about this option, please contact your ISA Vietnam Program Manager.
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
MINIMUM ADMISSIONS PREREQUISITES
There is no language prerequisite for this program.
- You must have completed at least one full year of studies at your home institution before your program begins
- You must be 18 years of age or older at the time of application
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Comprehensive Health, Safety, and Security Support
Tuition at the Host University
Bridging Cultures Program
ISA Discovery Model
Official Transcript from the Host University
Professional Development Toolbox
Host University Units
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units
- Course Availability
- The courses listed below are only a sampling of what RMIT University Vietnam offers. Please see the course catalog, linked below, for additional/confirmed course options.
- Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
- Eligibility for courses may be subject to prerequisites.
- Course Selection
- You can sign up for a total of 48 RMIT University Vietnam Credit Points. Most courses are 12 or 24 credit points, which means you will be taking 2-4 courses per semester.
- Using the RMIT University Course Search
- When filtering the courses in the RMIT University Vietnam Course search, make sure the following categories are selected:
‧ Level of study = Undergraduate
‧ Semester = Semester 1 for Spring, Semester 2 for Summer, Semester 3 for Fall
‧ Campus = South Saigon
- If you have any questions about using the course search, please contact the ISA Vietnam Site Specialist.
- Alternate Courses
- You are required to select alternate courses in the event of top choices conflicting on the timetable, course cancellations, or registration issues.
- You should get their alternate courses pre-approved by their academic advisor.
- Course Credit
- ISA recommends 12 U.S. semester credits be awarded for your program (3 U.S. semester credits per 12 RMIT contact hours). However, transfer credits earned will be decided entirely by your home university. It is important to be in touch with your university about course approvals and transfer credit pre-departure.
- According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, you must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by your home university.
- Transcript Information
- The transcript from RMIT University Vietnam will reflect RMIT Units. Please be in touch with your home university regarding credit transfer for this program.
select allclear all
Support & Funding
Funding Your ISA Program
As an ISA participant, you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. ISA offers over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, you may visit the Scholarships and Grants page. Please note that some programs, including remote learning opportunities, are not eligible for scholarships.View all Funding Options
Living in ISA housing will give you the opportunity to experience aspects of the Vietnamese lifestyle that are inaccessible to the average visitor to Ho Chi Minh City. Uncovering the uniqueness of your accommodations and the surrounding areas will help you to feel right at home. With an open and adaptable mind, the experience of living in another culture can be highly rewarding.
During your time studying in Ho Chi Minh City, you will live in an ISA Student Apartment. Student apartments are fully furnished and rent and utilities are included in the program price. The apartments are located about a 15-minute walk from campus and typically house two ISA students of the same gender. The apartment building has a café, a small co-op grocery store on the ground floor, and a small gym. Meals are not included, and laundry facilities in the building can be used for an additional cost.
You may elect to secure housing independently. If you select this option, you will receive a discount equal to the housing portion of the program price.
THERE’S MORE TO DISCOVER WITH ISA
Bridging Cultures Program
Be introduced to this engaging country with our exclusive four-day Orientation Program. Combining informative academic sessions with introductory cultural experiences, each activity helps students ease into their semester abroad. Over the four days, we provide helpful information to prepare you for the semester, including tips on cultural customs, how to seek medical support, be prepared academically and other matters to ensure you have a successful semester.
Providing a soft landing into Southeast Asia, upon arrival in Ho Chi Minh City you will be transported to your accommodation, where you will meet up with other ISA students. Over the next four days, experience sensory overload as you head out on a half-day architecture and history walking tour with stops at some of the city’s most iconic sites, savor a welcome dinner of delicious Vietnamese cuisine and explore more of the region with cultural activities like a cooking class, traditional Vietnamese water puppet show, and a trip to the historic Cu Chi Tunnels. For these first few days in the country you won’t need to think about meals or transport, as we have it all sorted for you!
Hanoi & Ha Long Bay
Hanoi is the proud capital of Vietnam. With a population of over 7,000,000 people, the city is bustling and lively, with more things to see and do than one could ever imagine. Shopping, dining, entertainment, and nightlife make this city a popular destination for travelers.
Located about 160 kilometers east of Hanoi is Ha Long Bay. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the bay is famous for the thousands of limestone islands that tower out of the teal colored water. Junk boats take visitors to explore the immense and breathtaking pillars, caves, and grottoes.
Life in the Mekong Delta is teeming, as over 1,000 animal species have been recorded living in its mangrove forests. Boats full of coconuts and fruit can be seen navigating the river maze, while water buffaloes try to cool off in the water. Buddhist temples and Khmer pagodas decorate the villages, and vendors occupy the beautiful floating markets. Viet Cong bunkers are ready to be explored, as are the nearby islands and white sand beaches.
Cultural Activities in Ho Chi Minh City
The ISA on-site team encourages you to explore the city and culture of Ho Chi Minh City. The team facilitates this by offering a robust calendar of events that showcases what makes Ho Chi Minh City special.
These activities vary each term, and previous offerings have included sporting events like soccer or badminton, arts and handicraft workshops, cooking classes and more.