Fashion, Photography, Art & Business
Ho Chi Minh City
RMIT University Vietnam
The RMIT South Saigon campus is located in Ho Chi Minh City's District 7, just seven kilometers from the city center. The university is a part of the Melbourne-based university RMIT, which is Australia's largest higher education institution. Academic staff at RMIT University Vietnam work in tandem with RMIT in Melbourne to facilitate customization of material presented in Melbourne for delivery in Ho Chi Minh City. RMIT University Vietnam is particularly known for their robust academic offerings in technology, design, business and management, communication, engineering, and fashion. The modern campus houses academic centers, sporting fields, a health clinic, a library, food outlets, and a recreation and events complex.
Summer 2 2020
Jun 26, 2020 - Jul 18, 2020
Mar 15, 2020
12 Host University Units
2.50 Minimum GPA*
- Apply Now
RMIT University Vietnam's summer program gives you the chance to take one class while living in Ho Chi Minh City. You can choose to enroll in one course from a list of interesting subjects that may focus on photography, business, art, or fashion.
Courses are taught by host university professors and lecturers and are instructed in English. The classes are comprised of fellow ISA programmates, as well as other international students.
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
MINIMUM ADMISSIONS PREREQUISITES
There is no language prerequisite for this program.
- You must have completed at least one full year of studies at your home institution by the time your program begins
- You must be 18 years of age or older at the time of application
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Comprehensive Health, Safety, and Security Support
Tuition at the Host University
Bridging Cultures Program
ISA Discovery Model
Official Transcript from the Host University
Professional Development Toolbox
Host University Units
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units
- Course Availability
- The course list for Summer 2 2020 has not be finalized. The following is a sample based off of previous courses. Once the course list is finalized, this note will be removed.
- Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change
- Course Selection
- You can select 1 course from the list below to take during your program
- Alternate Courses
- Students are required to select alternate courses in the event of top choices conflicting on the timetable, course cancellations, or registration issues.
- Course Credit
- ISA recommends 3 U.S. semester credits be awarded for your program. However, transfer credits earned will be decided entirely by your home university. It is important to be in touch with your university about course approvals and transfer credit pre-departure.
- According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, you must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by your home university.
- Transcript Information
- The transcript from RMIT University Vietnam will reflect RMIT Units. Please be in touch with your home university regarding credit transfer for this program.
select allclear all
Support & Funding
Funding Your ISA Program
As an ISA participant, you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. ISA offers over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, please visit the Scholarships and Grants page.View all Funding Options
Living in ISA housing will give you the opportunity to experience aspects of the Vietnamese lifestyle that are inaccessible to the average visitor to Ho Chi Minh City. Uncovering the uniqueness of your accommodations and the surrounding areas will help you to feel right at home. With an open and adaptable mind, the experience of living in another culture can be highly rewarding.
During your time studying in Ho Chi Minh City, you will live in an ISA Student Apartment. Student apartments are fully furnished and rent and utilities are included in the program price. The apartments are located about a 15-minute walk from campus and typically house two ISA students of the same gender. The apartment building has a café, a small co-op grocery store on the ground floor, and a small gym. Meals are not included, and laundry facilities in the building can be used for an additional cost.
You may elect to secure housing independently. If you select this option, you will receive a discount equal to the housing portion of the program price.
THERE’S MORE TO DISCOVER WITH ISA
Hanoi & Ha Long Bay * Optional
Hanoi is the proud capital of Vietnam. With a population of over 7,000,000 people, the city is bustling and lively, with more things to see and do than one could ever imagine. Shopping, dining, entertainment, and nightlife make this city a popular destination for travelers.
Located about 160 kilometers east of Hanoi is Ha Long Bay. A UNESCO World Heritage Site, the bay is famous for the thousands of limestone islands that tower out of the teal colored water. Junk boats take visitors to explore the immense and breathtaking pillars, caves, and grottoes.
Hoi An & My Son
Hoi An, famous for the thousands of colorful lanterns that illuminate the streets, was dubbed a UNESCO World Heritage Site in 1999. The city is loved by many because of its maze of alleyways, friendly people, brightly painted buildings, and amazing food. Near the city stands the My Son sanctuary- a cluster of abandoned Hindu Temples that were constructed between the 4th and 13th centuries.
Life in the Mekong Delta is teeming, as over 1,000 animal species have been recorded living in its mangrove forests. Boats full of coconuts and fruit can be seen navigating the river maze, while water buffaloes try to cool off in the water. Buddhist temples and Khmer pagodas decorate the villages, and vendors occupy the beautiful floating markets. Viet Cong bunkers are ready to be explored, as are the nearby islands and white sand beaches.