Advanced Czech Language
Prague, Czech Republic
Area of Study
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
OverviewThis course is designed for students who:
- Understand the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/ her field of specialisation.
- Can interact with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Are able to produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
The objective of this course is to:
- Develop student?s understanding to a wide range of demanding, longer texts, and recognise implicit meaning.
- Develop student?s ability to express him/her fluently and spontaneously without much obvious searching for expressions.
- Develop student?s ability to use language flexibly and effectively for social, academic and professional purposes.
- Develop student?s ability to produce clear, well-structured, detailed text on complex subjects, showing controlled use of organisational patterns, connectors and cohesive devices.
- Allow greater integration with Czech culture and society.