High Intermediate Czech Language
Prague, Czech Republic
Area of Study
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
OverviewThis course is designed for students who:
- Understand the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Are able to deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Are able to produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Are able to describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
The objective of this course is to:
- Develop student?s understanding the main ideas of complex text on both concrete and abstract topics, including technical discussions in his/ her field of specialisation.
- Develop student?s interaction with a degree of fluency and spontaneity that makes regular interaction with native speakers quite possible without strain for either party.
- Develop student?s ability to produce clear, detailed text on a wide range of subjects and explain a viewpoint on a topical issue giving the advantages and disadvantages of various options.
- Allow greater integration with Czech culture and society.