Intermediate Czech LanguageCourse Closed
Prague, Czech Republic
Area of Study
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
OverviewThis course is designed for students who:
- Can understand sentences and frequently used expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e. g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, employment).
- Can communicate in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Can describe in simple terms aspects of his/ her background, immediate environment and matters in areas of immediate need.
The objective of this course is to:
- Develop student?s understanding the main points of clear standard input on familiar matters regularly encountered in work, school, leisure, etc.
- Develop student?s ability to deal with most situations likely to arise whilst travelling in an area where the language is spoken.
- Develop student?s ability to produce simple connected text on topics which are familiar or of personal interest.
- Develop student?s ability to describe experiences and events, dreams, hopes and ambitions and briefly give reasons and explanations for opinions and plans.
- Develop student?s practical knowledge of Czech.
- Promote greater confidence in speaking Czech.
- Allow greater integration with Czech culture and society.