High Beginning Czech Language
Prague, Czech Republic
Area of Study
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
OverviewThis course is designed for students who:
- Can understand and use familiar everyday expressions and very basic phrases aimed at the satisfaction of needs of a concrete type.
- Can introduce him/ herself and others and can ask and answer questions about personal details such as where he/ she lives, people he/ she knows and things he/ she has.
- Can interact in a simple way provided the other person talks slowly and clearly and is prepared to help.
The objective of this course is to:
- Develop student?s understanding to expressions related to areas of most immediate relevance (e. g. very basic personal and family information, shopping, local geography, studying, and employment).
- Develop student?s communicative skills in simple and routine tasks requiring a simple and direct exchange of information on familiar and routine matters.
- Promote greater confidence in speaking Czech.
- Allow greater integration with Czech culture and society.