International Business & Cultural Studies
University of Economics, Prague
Situated within walking distance from the ISA Prague office in Prague 3, the University of Economics, Prague (UEP) is the Czech Republic's leading university in the field of management and economics. You will take classes held in the newest addition to the UEP campus featuring smart classrooms, cafeterias, conference rooms, and amphitheaters. Enjoy classes alongside fellow ISA and other visiting international students, instructed by UEP professors.
Summer 2 2020
Jun 05, 2020 - Jul 10, 2020
Apr 01, 2020
12 - 18 ECTS Credits
2.50 Minimum GPA*
- Apply Now
Take your knowledge of international business and cultural studies to the next level while studying at the University of Economics, Prague (UEP).
Through the International Business & Cultural Studies summer program at the UEP, you can choose from several business and humanities-based courses. Subjects offered include business practicalities, marketing, history, and culture or politics. All courses are instructed in English and are taught by host university faculty. Classmates are ISA students, as well as other visiting international students.
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Comprehensive Health, Safety, and Security Support
Tuition at the Host University
Bridging Cultures Program
Full-Time Resident Staff
On-Site ISA Offices
ISA Discovery Model
Official Transcript from the Host University
Professional Development Toolbox
12 - 18
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
6 - 9
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units
9 - 13
- Course Availability
- The course list for Summer 2 2020 has not be finalized. The following is a sample based off of previous courses. Once the course list is finalized, this note will be removed.
- Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
- Course Selection
- You can take either 2 or 3 courses total during your program.
- Courses are offered in 1 week modules, with 1 class being offered each week.
- Course Credit
- ISA recommends 6-9 U.S. semester credits (3 U.S. semester credits per class) be awarded for your program. However, transfer credits earned will be decided entirely by your home university. It is important to be in touch with your university about course approvals and transfer credit pre-departure.
- According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, you must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by your home university.
- Course Level Recommendations
- ISA offers course level recommendations for the courses listed below. These ISA recommendations are intended to help with the determination of course equivalencies at U.S. home institutions.
- Transcript Information
- The transcript from the University of Economics, Prague will reflect U.S. grade equivalency recommendations and U.S. semester credit recommendations. Please be in touch with your home university regarding credit transfer for this program
Support & Funding
Funding Your ISA Program
As an ISA participant, you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. ISA offers over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, please visit the Scholarships and Grants page.View all Funding Options
Living in ISA housing will give you the opportunity to experience aspects of the Czech lifestyle that are inaccessible to the average visitor to Prague. Uncovering the uniqueness of your neighborhood and the surrounding areas will help you to feel right at home. Housing is located either within walking distance from campus, or near public transportation (metro, bus, tram) that can take you to class. With an open and adaptable mind, the experience of living in another culture can be highly rewarding.
We strive to match your housing requests with our available accommodations, however, housing requests cannot be guaranteed.
Student apartments are fully furnished, and rent and utilities are included in the program price. The apartments are speckled throughout the city of Prague, rather than all in one building, and are either within walking distance of campus or near public transportation lines. Apartments typically house 2-4 ISA students of the same gender, and bedrooms are double occupancy. Apartments are equipped with basic kitchen supplies, a clothes washing machine, and drying racks (no dryers). Meals are not included.
You will pay a $500 refundable security deposit if living in this ISA housing option. ISA may retain some, or all, of this deposit in the event of damage to property, or if utility usage exceeds the allotted monthly amount
You may elect to secure housing independently. If you select this option, you will receive a discount equal to the housing portion of the program price.
THERE’S MORE TO DISCOVER WITH ISA
ISA excursions allow you to explore the unique, enticing, breathtaking landscape of the Czech Republic that you may not have the chance to visit on your own. While abroad, you will have the chance to go on one day trip to the following destination.
A UNESCO World Heritage site, south Bohemia's Cesky Krumlov is one of the region's prettiest towns. Made up of elegant Renaissance buildings that house charming cafés, pubs, restaurants, shops, and galleries, Cesky Krumlov is surrounded by picturesque countryside. On this day trip, you will explore the quaint town center, visit the castle, and a walk along the serine Vltava River.