Popular Subject Areas
International Business & Economics
Prague University of Economics and Business
Situated within walking distance from the ISA Prague office in Prague 3, the Prague University of Economics and Business (PUEB) is the Czech Republic's leading university in the field of management and economics. You will take classes held in the newest addition to the UEP campus featuring smart classrooms, cafeterias, conference rooms, and amphitheaters. Enjoy classes alongside fellow ISA and other visiting international students, instructed by PUEB professors.
Spring 2 2022
Feb 09, 2022 - May 14, 2022
Oct 15, 2021
Forms and Payment Deadline
Nov 01, 2021
184 - 230 Contact Hours
2.50 Minimum GPA*
- Apply Now
Study Abroad Program Description
Dive deep into your business curriculum while taking classes during the International Business & Economics program at Prague University of Economics and Business (PUEB).
Choose from a variety of business courses focusing on international business, globalization, finance, communications, marketing, management, and more. In addition to your core classes, you will take a semester-long Czech language course designed to ease your transition into life in Prague through basic knowledge of the country's language. Classmates include ISA students as well as other visiting international student. Apart from the Czech language course, all classes are instructed in English and are taught by PUEB professors.
Enjoy Flexibility with ISA Flex
We’ve partnered with Arizona State University (ASU) to help you overcome common study abroad challenges by adding an ASU Online course to your ISA program. With more than 2,100 courses to choose from, ISA Flex minimizes academic challenges, like major requirements and limited course options, so you can make the most of your experience abroad. Once you’ve applied, access the Flex form in your ISA Student Portal for more information on how to add this to your program and enroll in the course you need.
Students must have a minimum grade point average of 2.50.
- You must have at least a sophomore (second year) status at your home university at the time of participation.
Comprehensive Advising and Support
Comprehensive Health, Safety, and Security Support
Tuition at the Host University
Bridging Cultures Orientation
Full-Time Resident Staff
On-Site ISA Offices
ISA Discovery Model
Official Transcript from the Host University
Professional Development Toolbox
184 - 230
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
12 - 15
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units
18 - 22
- Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
- You are required to take a semester-long Beginning Czech Language course.
- In addition to the Beginning Czech Intensive Language Course, you can choose 3-4 semester-long courses from the list below.
- Students may only choose one of the following two courses due to the similarity in course content: International Management and International Strategy
- Students may only choose one of the following two courses due to the similarity in course content: Product Brand Marketing and International Marketing Communications
- You are required to select alternate courses in the event of top course choices conflicting on the timetable, course cancellations, or registration issues.
- You should get your alternate courses pre-approved by your academic advisor.
- ISA recommends 12-15 U.S. semester credits (3 U.S. semester credits per class) be awarded for your program. However, transfer credits earned will be decided entirely by your home university. It is important to be in touch with your university about course approvals and transfer credit pre-departure.
- According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, you must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by your home university.
Course Level Recommendations
- ISA offers course level recommendations for the courses listed below. These ISA recommendations are intended to help with the determination of course equivalencies at U.S. home institutions.
- The transcript from the University of Economics, Prague will reflect U.S. grade equivalency recommendations and U.S. semester credit recommendations. Please be in touch with your home university regarding credit transfer for this program.
select allclear all
- Availability of courses is based on enrollment numbers. All students should seek pre-approval for alternate courses in the event of last minute class cancellations
Support & Funding
Funding Your ISA Program
Wondering how you’ll fund your program? ISA’s got you covered! If you receive financial aid for your home university, you will likely be able to use those funds for study abroad too. The first step is usually speaking with your home university. Check out the steps for using financial aid here.
Need to know how much to budget for a term abroad? Take a look at the additional expenses you might expect, depending on your program.
As an ISA participant, you have the opportunity to apply for scholarships and grants that can be applied directly to assist with your study abroad programs. We offer over $1,000,000 in scholarships and grants each year. To see what opportunities are available, visit the scholarships and grants page.View all Funding Options
Student apartments are fully furnished, and rent and utilities are included in the program price. The apartments are speckled throughout the city of Prague, rather than all in one building, and are either within walking distance of campus or near public transportation lines. Apartments typically house 2-4 ISA students of the same gender, and bedrooms are double occupancy. Apartments are equipped with basic kitchen supplies, a clothes washing machine, and drying racks (no dryers). Meals are not included.
You will pay a $500 refundable security deposit if living in this ISA housing option. ISA may retain some, or all, of this deposit in the event of damage to property, or if utility usage exceeds the allotted monthly amount
You may elect to secure housing independently. If you select this option, you will receive a discount equal to the housing portion of the program price.
THERE’S MORE TO DISCOVER WITH ISA
ISA excursions allow you to explore the unique, enticing, breathtaking landscape of the Czech Republic that you may not have the chance to visit on your own. While abroad, you will have the chance to go on trips to the following destinations.
A UNESCO World Heritage site, south Bohemia's Cesky Krumlov is one of the region's prettiest towns. Made up of elegant Renaissance buildings that house charming cafés, pubs, restaurants, shops, and galleries, Cesky Krumlov is surrounded by picturesque countryside. On this day trip, you will explore the quaint town center, visit the castle, and a walk along the serine Vltava River.
Karlovy Vary (Carlsbad)
Spend the day exploring and relaxing in this peaceful spa town in west Bohemia. This small Czech town is famous for its thermal baths, which are believed to have many healing properties. Take a dip in one of the curative mineral springs and tour the unique spa architecture.
Vienna is a city dripping in culture. The city is full of museums, galleries, concert halls, and top-notch shopping. Wander through this historic-yet-modern city and discover hidden alleys and shops as street musicians play lovely Mozart tunes. Tour the beautiful gardens of the Schönbrunn Palace, visit the Hofburg Palace, and revel in the many musical and culinary delights of this worldly city.