Probability And Statistics I

King's College London

Course Description

  • Course Name

    Probability And Statistics I

  • Host University

    King's College London

  • Location

    London, England

  • Area of Study

    Mathematics, Statistics

  • Language Level

    Taught In English

  • Course Level Recommendations


    ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.

    Hours & Credits

  • UK Credits

  • Recommended U.S. Semester Credits
  • Recommended U.S. Quarter Units
  • Overview

    Probability And Statistics I
    Module code: 4CCM141A
    Semester: Semester 2 (spring)
    Module description:
    The aim of the module is to introduce the basic concepts and computations of probability theory as well as the statistical analysis of data and the main statistical tests.
    Elementary combinatorial analysis, Definition of probability, Unions and intersections - Statistical Independence, Exclusivity and exhaustibility, Conditional probability, Bayes' theorem, Random variables discrete and continuous, The binomial distribution, the Poisson distribution, the normal distribution, Descriptive Statistics, Correlation and regression, Hypothesis tests, confidence intervals, Normal, Students t, Chi squared, Sign, Mann Whitney and Wilcoxon tests
    Credit level: 4
    Credit value: 15
    Assessment: written examination/s; coursework;
    3 in-class tests (together contributing 20%) and one 2-hour examination for the remaining 80%.

Course Disclaimer

Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.

Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.

Some courses may require additional fees.

Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.

Please reference fall and spring course lists as not all courses are taught during both semesters.

Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.