The American Business School Paris
Area of Study
Taught In English
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
This required class helps students build a foundation for university-level writing that is invaluable in the
academic environment and applicable to professional life. In this course, students will develop their skills
in reading, writing effective arguments, critical thinking, and improve their writing process.
The main objective of the course is to help students develop their academic writing.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES:
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Read, analyze, summarize and evaluate a variety of texts - both written and visual
- Identify the stages of the writing process and apply them
- Gather, summarize, synthesize and explain information from different sources
- Argue and support a position in one’s writing
- Respond to audience demands and disciplinary expectations
- Recognize the characteristics of effective communication
- Use proper citation practices
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.