The American Business School Paris
Area of Study
Marketing, Peace and Conflict Studies
Taught In English
MKTG 210 or its equivalent
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
COURSE DESCRIPTION &OBJECTIVES :
The main emphasis of the course will be on practical experience through the development of a well-conceived international marketing plan. You will develop an understanding of the tools and techniques used in the marketing of goods and services on a global basis and gain experience in formulating international marketing policies.
The student will gain a working knowledge of international marketing terms and concepts. He/she will develop a managerial viewpoint of marketing decion making and gain a basic knowledge of the global environment. The course will attempt to sharpen your analytical and critical skills through case studies and the regular reading and analyzing of current events.
INSTRUCTIONAL METHODOLOGY :
The course is developed through lectures, discussion and group/individual presentations of case studies. Students are expected to thoroughly read text materials and participate in class discussion. Will be covered in class :
- Introduction : The International Marketing Plan
- Internationalizing the firm ; Strategic options ; the socio-cultural environment
- Public policy environment ; Creating a competitive advantage
- Global, regional & emerging markets
- International markets &customers ; Analysis of international competitors
- Entering international markets ; Exporting as a strategy
- Competitive alliances; Entering markets through foreign direct investment
- Consumer products firm ; the services firm
- International distribution ; Selling & negotiating
- Managing international marketing operations
Global Marketing Essentials, Keegan & Green, Prentice-Hall, 7th Edition, 2010
The final grade will be made up of a class participation, articles and case studies handed in, a mid-term test and the final examination.
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.