Upper Intermediate French
The American Business School Paris
Area of Study
FREN 210 or its equivalent
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits4
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units6
Hours & Credits
COURSE DESCRIPTION :
Designed for the student having had three semesters of university-level, French language instruction, Intermediate French II builds on the basic structures, learned at the Intermediate I level, More concretely, at the intermediate level of French, you will continue refining your proficiency in the four areas of language competency in order to communicate effectively in the target language. The varied class activities and exercises focus, therefore, upon the following four skills: listening, speaking, reading and writing.
Once a week, you will have a 15 minutes grammar and vocabulary pop quiz based on grammar points and rules taught in previous class and in the exercice book (Grammaire Progressive)
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES:
Upon completion of this course, students should be able to:
- Adjectives and adverbial structutes.
- Expresson of time
- Negative, comparative and superlative structures.
- Tenses: présent, passé composé, imparfait present & past subjunctive forms and usages, futur and conditional Relative, possessive, demonstrative and personal pronouns.
- Giving, and asking for current information
- Expressing satisfaction or grievance
- Sequencing events in chronological order
- Transmit someone else?s message
- Describing a place, a monument or an activity
- Developing an argument
- Basic geography of France
- Current cultural aspects of French Society
- Method : Le Nouveau Taxi 2, méthode de français Robert Menand, Hachette Français langue étrangère, 2009 Livre de l?élève
- La grammaire progressive du français, niveau intermédiaire de Maïa Grégoire, et Odile Thiévenaz CLE International, Nouvelle édition
- La cantatrice chauve d?Eugène Ionesco,
Your work will be evaluated according to the following criteria:
Homework (short writings) 25%
work preparation (grammar book) 25 %
Final Exam 25%
weekly Tests 25%
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.