The American Business School Paris
Area of Study
French, French Culture
Beginning, High Beginning
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Note: this used to be a 6 credit course but is now worth 3, so that students can have more room in their schedule for core courses.
COURSE DESCRIPTION :
In this class, you will be engaged in both individual and group work designed to give you grammatical and conversational basic abilities. Outside of class, you will have independent work and exercises on a regular basis from the Grammaire Progressive du Français (GP), in order to strengthen skills acquired in class.
Once a week, you will have a 15 minutes grammar and vocabulary po quiz, based on grammar points and rules taught in previous class and in the exercice book (Grammaire Progressive)
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES:
After successfully completing this course, you should be able to master the material listed in the main course objectives below:
- The expression of time in the present and in the future
- the expression of time in the present, past and future
- the expression of quantity
- to ask for / give information about yourself and your family
- to describe yourself and your environment
- to talk about leisure and everyday-life activities and holiday
- to talk about time and dates
- to purchase clothes an food
- to ask for / give directions and take public transportation
The final grade will be determined as follows:
work preparation and Class Participation 25%
weekly Tests 25%
Final Exam (written part) 25%
Final exam (oral, and listening comprehension) 25 %
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.