Cours de Civilisation Française de la Sorbonne
Area of Study
French, French Culture
Intermediate, High Intermediate, Advanced, High Advanced, Superior
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits1
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units1
Hours & Credits
Summary: French gastronomy is omnipresent in the study of the French language of its culture, life in France.
French gastronomy is always a unique opportunity to savor and savor France.
Program by session:
1. The omnipresent gastronomy in French culture, its prestige in the world.
2. France agricultural land, small tour de France specialties
3. The notion of terroir and appellations / labels, the Salon de l'agriculture
4. The week of taste, the desire to transmit the gastronomic heritage
5. French history and gastronomy (origin of food names, etc.)
6. Gourmand, gourmet vegan, vegetarian, other trends and diets, the "doggy bag" arrived in France.
7. The eating habits of the French in 2018
8. The gastronomic meal of the French classified as intangible heritage of UNESCO
9. Many idiomatic expressions of gastronomy
10. Some great names in French gastronomy
Discover all that contributes to the wealth and prestige of French gastronomy
During the conference: Powerpoint, illustrations on the internet, lexical booklet (paper support)
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.