Sourcing and Purchasing
The American Business School Paris
Area of Study
Business Management, International Management, Management Science
Taught In English
MKTG 210 and MGMT 230 or equivalent
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
OverviewCOURSE DESCRIPTION :This course introduces the fields of Procurement and Sourcing. It explores the central concepts of organizational procurement, global sourcing and interfaces of these to the other areas of an organization. This course provides opportunities to examine issues such as organizational procurement process, sourcing process, supplier selection process, supplier management and other strategic issues.COURSE OBJECTIVES :This course will help you in developing capability in the following areas:
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES:Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
- Leverage material management knowledge
- Learn distribution practices and operational concepts
- Develop interpersonal skills to engage with others
- Explain key concepts and theories in the field of procurement and sourcing
- Select and design appropriate principles and approaches in the formulation of procurement management and global sourcing
- Evaluate and measure alternative procurement management and global sourcing options in the context of a flexible global supply chain
- Develop and apply effective interpersonal skills and communication techniques in working as a team to solve real-world problems in procurement management and sourcing
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.