Advanced Excel for Finance
The American Business School Paris
Area of Study
Business Administration, Computer Science
Taught In English
COMP120 Computer Skills Development, or equivalent
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Students will master intermediate and advanced Excel tools to enable them to predict, forecast, and run a
business from an Excel Worksheet.
Through this course, students will be able to easily determine how to adapt Microsoft Excel tools to their
needs, and build their capacities to learn new functionalities on their own. They will learn how to use
appropriate strategies in Excel to solve real business problems, build attractive and functional data
presentations, and master advance tools in Excel to analyze and predict current and future business trends.
EXPECTED LEARNING OUTCOMES:
Upon completion of this course students should be able to:
- Create and manipulate Excel spreadsheets and graphs to represent data in an easily understandable
- Create and edit charts with Excel
- Transform raw data into desired results with the aid of Excel built-in functions, formulas, and
- Design an Excel tool for a given task
- Use Macros to automate tasks
- Work with other Microsoft Office applications within Excel
- Perform business intelligence analysis
- Create business forecasts and visualizations
Courses and course hours of instruction are subject to change.
Eligibility for courses may be subject to a placement exam and/or pre-requisites.
Credits earned vary according to the policies of the students' home institutions. According to ISA policy and possible visa requirements, students must maintain full-time enrollment status, as determined by their home institutions, for the duration of the program.
Please note that some courses with locals have recommended prerequisite courses. It is the student's responsibility to consult any recommended prerequisites prior to enrolling in their course.