The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Peace and Conflict Studies
Taught In English
MK 2030 Fundamentals of Marketing
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Application of marketing principles to world markets in a variety of social, legal, technological and economic environments. Practices of international trade.
While marketing principles remain universal, their application in the mosaic of international markets requires adaptation in theory and skill in application. The course aims to equip the students with the necessary knowledge on how to present effective, and efficient marketing strategies worldwide. Key marketing management issues are discussed like the market entry strategies a company needs to use in order to enter foreign markets, international marketing approaches and standardisation versus adaptation as appropriate. The module also presents the role of the macronvironment for the design of the international marketing strategies
As a result of taking this course, the student should be able to:
1. Demonstrate an understanding of the international business environment (socio-cultural, economic, political, etc) and how it affects marketing strategies.
2. Develop and critically evaluate arguments and evidence about differences between domestic and international marketing strategies.
3. Critically evaluate markets and appropriate marketing strategies
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the teaching and learning strategy of the college, the following tools are used:
- Class lectures.
- Analysis and discussion of cases and assignments on international marketing issues.
- Office Hours: Students are encouraged to make full use of the office hours of their instructor, where they
can ask questions and go over lecture material, case studies or team project.
- Use of a Blackboard learning platform, where instructors post lecture notes, assignment instructions, timely announcements, as well as additional resources.