The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Computer Science, Information Studies
Taught In English
CS 1070 Introduction to Information Systems
CS 2179 Business Information Systems
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Business Intelligence characteristics, architecture, models and processes. Data warehouse: building, maintaining and accessing techniques. Business Intelligence analysis, extraction, transformation and data loading methods. Knowledge Discovery through data mining and text mining. Business performance management, business processes and data flows. Future trends in Business Intelligence.
The module exposes students to topics involving planning, designing, building, populating, and maintaining a successful Business Intelligence Information System. Students learn the reasons why a Business Intelligence Information System is a compelling decision support solution, and study approaches using proven methodologies and technology.
As a result of taking this course, the student should be able to:
1. Critically evaluate Business Intelligence characteristics and alternatives, including trends with regard to data warehousing and data/text mining.
2. Synthesise the components, models, designs and other elements that are applicable for a business intelligence solution.
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the learning and teaching strategy of the College, the following tools/activities are used:
• Lectures and class discussions. Laboratory practical sessions and problem solving.
• Office hours held by the instructor to provide further assistance to students.
• Use of the Blackboard Learning platform to further support communication, by posting lecture notes, assignment instruction, timely announcements, and online submission of assignments.