The American College of Greece
Area of Study
Taught In English
MG 2003 Management Principles or MG 3034 Managing People and Organizations
Course Level Recommendations
ISA offers course level recommendations in an effort to facilitate the determination of course levels by credential evaluators.We advice each institution to have their own credentials evaluator make the final decision regrading course levels.
Recommended U.S. Semester Credits3
Recommended U.S. Quarter Units4
Hours & Credits
Major theories and research findings in leadership. Application of theories and concepts to develop critical thinking and leadership skills. The dynamics of leadership. Topics include motivating and influencing people; power, politics and negotiation; teambuilding; managing conflict, leading decision groups; transformational, strategic leadership and change.
Leadership is key to the strategic long-term growth and success of every organization. The study of leadership provides students with the conceptual models, behavioral approaches and self-assessment tools necessary for effective leadership and strategic choice. This course examines the significant role of the leader and is directed toward the growth and development of people.
As a result of taking this course, the student should be able to:
1. Explain the major theories and models of leadership and analyze their interrelationships. (Analysis)
2. Assess a leader’s leadership style. (Evaluation)
3. Apply a variety of theories, models and tactics that would be effective in different contexts and situations. (Application)
4. Assess one’s own strengths and weaknesses as a leader. (Evaluation)
METHOD OF TEACHING AND LEARNING:
In congruence with the learning and teaching strategy of the College, the following tools are used:
• Classes consist of lectures, critical assessment of subject-related articles, experiential exercises, self-assessment questionnaires, and case studies.
• Office Hours: Students are encouraged to make full use of the office hours of their instructor in order to consult and discuss issues related to the course content.
• Use of the Blackboard learning platform: in order to enhance the teaching and learning process, instructors may use the site to post their announcements, upload related course material, lecture notes, assignment instructions and additional resources.